Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Snowman

Journal 52's prompt this week was make a snowman.

This page is done in my altered Recipe book. The background has blue, magenta and pink paint on it.

I wanted him to be a little 3D so I used embossing paste and a palette knife to make him.

I love how he's not completely round. Using a palette knife was not so easy for me but I think it gave him the look of a real snowman. 

My embossing paste was a odd blue color because it was left over from another project. I painted over the paste with gesso and while it was wet I pressed black round disks into him for his buttons. Then I let it dry for 24 hours.  I put a coat of Artist Loft iridescent paint on him to give him a little shine.

His hat is a piece of fabric that I cut with pinking shears. The ball and fluff on his hat are made from a cotton ball.  His arms are the branch from the Sizzix Bird Branch die painted with gold paint.  The little bird is a stamp from a set I purchased at Tuesday Morning. This face is black sharpie paint pen and a orange paint pen.

I made the background snow by mixing a bit of metallic white paint with water and splattered it with a paint brush.

My friend Bibi at Rubber Dance is having a blue, pink and purple challenge on her blog. I thought I'd link to it too.  She is also having a sale on her stamps because December is her birthday month. Check it out. She has wonderful stamps.

Link: Journal 52, Paint Party Friday, Artist Play Room, Rubber Dance Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment