Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Dress Form Map

The Documented Life Project challenge for last week was use a map in your journal.  It took me a while to come up with something different.

I cut my map using the Tim Holtz Dress Form Die. Memphis is my hometown so I thought it was appropriate to use that part of the map for the dress form.  I love the buttons and spools that are part of that die so I added those to my page.

The background is an actual pattern from a children's pattern.  The scissors and thimble are stamped images from The Angel Company that I embossed and cut out.  I used blue craft paint around the edge to give everything a distressed look.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog!!

Link to:  Paint Party Friday, DLP

8 comments:

  1. Boo, this is so clever! Not only that you have made a gorgeous journal page from the sewing items. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the page ~ and your use of sewing images with the map ... for surely these sewing notions and supplies map us to a finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Boo. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page! I really love it.

    ReplyDelete