Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Umbrella For Her Dog




























This page was done for the Journal 52 challenge.. Rain or Shine.

I love this page!!  Usually, I when I start a page in my art journal I have no idea what I want to put on the page. I pick up paint or a piece of paper and an idea grows from there.  This idea was in my head last night.  I spent a hour trying to draw a tiny white dog.  I love how he turned out. I drew him on the back of an envelope.  

I wanted a girl holding an umbrella and my drawing skills don't lend itself to drawing realistic people and then I remembered a conversation with my friend Lori about Christy Thomlinson. She does these whimsical girls with just a hint a facial features and I think..."I can do that!" And I did.  

I guess you can tell I'm very impressed with myself.  I can't tell you how many times I've had an idea in my head that I couldn't translate to paper and paint.  This ones did exactly and I'm so happy about it.

The grass was done by using a child's stiff paint brush to stipple three colors or green. I'm learning that just by leaving bits of white it gives the illusion of depth.  The sky was stipple and then swirled because I wanted to add bits of gray clouds.  

The paper for her dress and the words came from a paper pack I bought at JoAnn's.  The girl is literally a triangle and a circle plus some angle shapes for arms and legs.  

I must confess I really like the purple in the sky and it was an accident.  I wrote the words with a water based purple Sharpie and when I used Matte Medium to glue them down a little of the purple ran onto the sky.  As Carolyn Dube says... A Happy Accident.  

The rain drops are made with Dimensional Magic.  I'm not even sure it that product is made anymore.  It's very similar to Chrystal Effects.  

I want to thank all of you who visit my blog.  I am honored and humbled that you take the time to look at my art.  This is a wonderful journey I'm on and I appreciate you sharing it with me. Your comments mean so much to me.  I don't have words to tell you how important they are to me.

I usually reply to all of you who comment who are Reply Bloggers.  If you are not getting an answer to your comment to me it's probably because you are a non-reply blogger.

"What the heck is that?" you ask.  It means that when you comment I'm not able to answer your comment from my email address. Click here to learn how to change your setting so I can reply to your comments. 

Thanks for stopping by... I hope you have a wonderful week!

Link to: Journal 52, Artist Play Room, Art Journal Everyday

9 comments:

  1. Love it, Boo. Your minimalist face is perfect for your style. I live the stippling and most important, I love the little white dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faye. I love my little white dog

      Delete
  2. Love your journal 52 page, magic. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! As you can tell, I really had fun with this page.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow. Your work is amazing. I like how you got every detail especially in the grass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by... It makes my day when people comment

      Delete
  4. This is wonderful Boo, I especially like the cute face. I'm very impressed with the stippled grass and sky and the wee puppy is adorable! :o) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! Love the colors and your amazing creativity! This is really fantastic Boo and the sentiment is spot on!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete