Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Doodlebet

I bought a pad a graph paper over a year ago.  When I'm sitting in my chair at night or if I'm too tired to get to my art table and the paint, I doodle on the graph paper.  I've practiced my printing over and over.  All that doodling is giving me more confidence to print on my journal pages.  I didn't realize how much confidence I'd gained until this morning.

My friend, Sandy, left me a comment on my Flip Flop page about my printing.  It wasn't until then that I realized that I wrote those words without a feeling a fear in my gut.  I use to get this feeling of fear every time I'd print in my journal.  I'd hear the gremlins in my head saying, "You are going to screw this up. The page is going to be ruined after all our hard work."  I didn't hear that voice when I did the Flip Flop page.

How many times growing up was I told to practice?  I guess they were right.  Practice makes it better.  Not perfect but better.  I don't strive for perfection anymore. That would make me crazy... well crazier than I already am.

I have a 5x7 inch journal that I carry around with me for non paint projects.  The paper is too thin for painting.  This is the doodle alphabet I did in that journal yesterday. I ran out of space before I ran out of letters. Next time, I think I'll chose one of those doodles and do the whole alphabet with the same doodle.  

1 comment:

  1. your letters are great Boo, this is something I really struggle with. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete