Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Eccentric Art Lady, Who Me?

Sept. 1, 2013
I've often thought it would be fun to be eccentric.  I knew a woman years ago who dressed in a very unique style and I always thought I might like to do that.  I've looked for my "unique" style
and pretty much I found that for me it's comfort before fashion... so I'm a jeans, cotton knit shorts, t-shirt, sweats, loose fitting clothing kind of gal.

That being said, I may have taken a step toward eccentric this morning.  Yesterday in a fit of cleaning, I threw away a perfectly good, big, sturdy box. This morning I woke up knowing exactly what I could do with that box.  Enter... eccentric art lady.... I got straight out of bed and went to my outside trash can (in my nightgown... cotton, of course) and cut all the flaps off that box.  Do you think 59 year old lady welding a box cutter in her nightgown qualities as eccentric?

Update: Sept. 8, 2013
This afternoon I finally got around to finishing what I wanted to do with pieces of sturdy cardboard.  I made homemade stamps using foam letters for use on my Gelli Plate.  If you've tried found objects and stencils on the Gelli Plate you know how difficult is sometimes is to pick up your object of the plate.  I made handles for my stamps by pulling up part of the cardboard backing.  Works like a charm!!  What do you think?  Come back tomorrow to see my first Gelli pulls using my new stamps.. 



2 comments:

  1. Great idea Boo!!! I made a bunny stamp from foam a while ago and used card board for his backing and handle (because I have no fingernails...I was a nail biter...so I couldn't pick it up!)It worked very well! I can't wait to see your pulls! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading the first paragraph Boo, I realize how much we have in common. I could have written that paragraph. Where you put 59, I would have to say 69. Congratulations on making some home made stamps - I haven't even opened up my Gelli plate yet. But I do look forward to seeing how your words do on you Gelli plate.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete