Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Creating with Tools

This piece was done with my new tools. I started a Catalyst Wedge Tool to apply the background colors.  The background is gesso, a Hero Arts Word stamp, then several layers of acrylic paint. 

The flowers are on a Gelli print base and the petals were painted using a pallet knife.  There are three layers of color (butternut, sunshine and orange) on each flower.  I tore around each flower instead of cutting to give them a more realistic look. A Sharpie Glitter pen was used to outline the flowers.  The stems and grass were painted with an angled brush.  The lettering is a Sharper Marker and outlined with a Sharpie Paint Pen.  

Link:  Paint Party Friday, Artist Play Room

4 comments:

  1. Great piece for the challenge. I enjoyed reading about which tools you used.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece, and it was interesting to read about your process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I fell behind a little -- I sure wish I could see you do this. The yellow flowers on the blue background are grand!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece reminds me of spring Boo...wouldn't it be lovely to be heading into spring instead of winter?
    I suppose we have to have the winter to fully appreciate springs arrival!
    It was so interesting to read what you used and how you created this beautiful painting ;D
    Have a great week xoxo

    ReplyDelete