Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Playful Fun

One of my favorite authors is Janet Evanovich. She writes this hysterical series about Stephanie Plum. In Notorious Nineteen, Stephanie goes undercover as a bridesmaid.   This piece of art was inspired by Stephanie's opinion of the dress she has to wear. 

My muse has been on a short vacation. I had a week of not feeling well followed by a 4 day weekend visiting family.  I love my family but I really do NOT like driving.  8 hours of driving exhausted me.  

I was really missing my creative time so I decided to clean the crafty area.  Like always, 30 minutes of cleaning leads to... "What can I make with this?" Next thing I knew I had a pile of pieces in front of me and this is what I made with them.   The umbrella and legs are from Tim Holtz's Umbrella Man die.  The body is from Tim's sewing die.  The scalloped circle is a Stampin Up punch and the face is from an ad for a Milky Way candy bar in a magazine.  The background is stamped with a Diffusion Art Stamp and the spots are melted crayon.  The scan doesn't show it but the umbrella and legs are neon green which makes the outfit even worse. 



1 comment:

  1. Such a funny picture, it really made me smile. I'll have to look up Janet and her Stephanie Plum series. I'll be thinking about this all afternoon and having a good internal chuckle.

    ReplyDelete