Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Creativity Taking Different Forms for me this Weekend.

I'm spending this weekend with my dad.  He is a very creative person.  He's is the one who helped me make my first posters for my science project when I was in third grade.  He's the one who taught me how to wrap a gift with nice straight corners.   I also learned how to paint the windows on the house without making a huge mess of the glass from him.

This weekend we have been in his wood shop making a shelf for my home.  I have some old jars full of wooden spools of thread and old buttons that belonged to my mom and grandmothers.  I'm going to display them on this shelf that daddy & I made together.  I'll have a nice little memory wall when it's all finished.  

I'm thinking I may cover my shelf with old patterns and or old map pieces.  It will give it a nice vintage took to go with the things I want to display.  I'll post a picture when I get it finished.  

I have to say I had a great time in the shop using the belt sander and going through my dad's huge store of washes, nuts and bolts.  I made myself two "stamps" to use with my Gelli plate.  One is made of washers and the other with square nuts.  I can't wait to get home and try them out.  I should be able to make some cool textured backgrounds with them.   

My other creative endeavor this weekend is re-learning to cook Mamaw's Chicken.   I made it years ago but I haven't cooked much in recent years.  My dad's version is as good as my grandmother's and my mom's version so I'm having a cooking lesson this weekend.  

I believe it's good for me to remember that creativity comes in many forms.  It's not always paint and ink on paper.  Sometimes it's using a belt sander or cooking.    I hope all of you are having a great weekend.  I'm having so much fun spending time with my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment