Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Embracing my Messiness

My desk at work is always neat and tidy when I leave for the day.  I don't know why it just is.

My art table on the other hand is almost never neat and tidy.  I'm lucky if I have a space a 12 inches square to work in at any given time.  I can start with a huge space and I end up with this tiny work area.  I like all my tools close at hand.  When I'm really in the zone I have a tendency to toss what ever tool I'm using to grab for the next one.  Then I have to search for the first one when I need it again.  

Today, I actually put the glue stick in a cubby hole and then I couldn't find it!!  I've tried to put each thing away as I use it and that's just not the way I create.  I don't fight it anymore.  When I finish a project, I straighten my space so I can start the next creative mess.

Most of my finished pieces are neat and have some kind of order to them. Even my grunge pieces are not too grungie.  Today, I went for a different look and feel.  I tossed a challenge to the Mail Art Madness ladies to create using brown paper.  I did this because I had this wad of brown paper that was packing material that I threw away and then took out of the recycle at work.  It just called to me.  

Below is my brown paper book.  No scissors were used in the creation of this book (except to trim the ribbon).  This book has torn uneven pages.  Some are longer or taller than the others.  This book is messy and uneven and it just tickles the tar out of me.  I don't know why. It's not what I usually do but it just makes me happy every time I look at it.  When it's closed it's all fat and flops back open. I love it!!!!

Don't fall in love with that purple because I could never duplicate it.  It was the mess color I made trying to make magenta.  Not even close and that tickles me too.  Can't wait to see where this book goes next.

Check out those uneven edges.... Wonderful!!!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment