Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Cheryl and Me

The quote is from Anne Morrow Lindbergh
When I described this page to Mink he said, "Are you doing a Boo page?"  I guess it could be me under the tree near the ocean with a journal.  The lady reminds me of my new friend, Cheryl.  I think it's the hat.

The background was done with I cleaned my paint brush.  The palm tree is Mulberry paper with a card stock trunk.  The lady is a Stampin Up retired image. The clouds are Stampin Up Craft White ink and then a layer of Utee that I heated but not until is melted together.  I really like the texture of the clouds.

The challenge for Artist's Play Room #40 was weather.  Tennessee weather has been ice, freezing rain and cold.  My journal page is where I want to be, in the weather I'm wishing for at this moment.


6 comments:

  1. That's a cute art journal page. Visiting from APR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, I agree with you about the clouds, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting also from the APR - what an amazing coincidence that we do two of the same challenges. I think it means I had better join your site :0)
    I like your weather picture very much. Thank you for the description of how you did it. I've seen a few comments about Utee. perhaps I should investigate more about it. I wonder what Jenn will have in store for us this week. :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you decided to join. I love your screen name. It's so happy.

      Delete
  4. Very cute. Great composition with the lady under the palm tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delight Boo! ;D
    The clouds are amazing and from one who loves watching clouds and reading...I find this artwork just enchanting.
    I haven't entered the play room this week, but wanted to see what everyone had entered.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Neesie ♥

    ReplyDelete