Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Word for 2013


Stretch
Looking at my life in terms of the word Stretch is inspiring, challenging and also comforting to me.  Stretch is not an all or nothing kind of word.  When a person physically stretches it is done a little bit at a time.  It's done gently without jerking.  It's not suppose to hurt.  It's suppose to feel good and help me.

Stretch is something I'll be able to do in all area of my life.  I like the idea of having it in the back of my mind to remind me: 

to try just a little bit more
to empty one more box
to be just a little more patient 
to be just a little more gentle with myself
to take a little risk
to try something new or different in my art
to walk to the store and back

In the past, I've thought I had to do everything in a big way.  Do it all or don't do it.  The result was that there were a lot of things I just did not try because it was too big or too difficult or would be too big of a commitment.  

Stretch... will remind me to give it a try.  I don't have to do anything forever.  I might try painting a still life and find I don't enjoy it.  That's OK.  I stretched because I gave it a try and that is enough.  I also might stretch and try something new and find I love it and it will enhance my life. 

I will stretch in  2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment