Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Experiments with Tea and Raspberry



 Alison, an online friend, said she intentionally pour coffee on a piece of her work.  That started a conversation about different things we would use to color paper.  I used tea and raspberry drink mix (sugar free). It was one of those little packs you put directly into a bottle of water.  I tried dripping it and painting with it.  I use watercolor paper, craft colored card stock as well as a piece of thinner paper I had.  The bottom left result was done by dropping a little on the thin paper and then blowing the drip with a straw.  I like the look of that one a lot.

Be advised... you may go to work the next day with red fingers.



2 comments:

  1. that's so cool! We artists do suffer from the paint etc splatter problem though,don't we?
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm flattered that you loved the leaf so much.
    Oh, I wanted to mention that you're a no-reply blogger so your email address is NOT connected to your comments, therefore I cannot reply through email to you. I have a series, Blogging 101 where I explain in one of the lessons how to fix that, it would be lovely to be able to email you back when you comment.
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all your backgrounds, Boo! I will have to check out that one that looks like Easter Eggs! Interesting! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete