Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Scraps Can Equal Art

I confess... it's difficult for me to throw away perfectly good scraps if they are big enough to use on another project. My problem lies in not ever using the scraps. My goal is to use up scraps that I can see sitting on my table or in my scrap basket. The projects in this post were made with mostly scraps. It's amazing what I can do when I set my mind to it!!

Butterflies abound on my blog right now. I'm addicted to my new SU butterfly punch.  What could I do with scraps and that punch?

I made the cards in a previous post for a DRI (Dive Right In) Stamp Day project. It was a big success and everyone wanted that punch by the time we were finished.

The cards to your left are made from scraps. I had small pieces of the SU paper left over and used it for my butterflies in the top card. The sentiment is on a scrap that was laying on the table. The beads have been in my stash for two years. They were a given to me by Robin O. after a Tennessee Stamper Retreat.  Thanks, Robin!  I finally used them!

The butterflies on the bottom card were punched from a very small piece of background paper that I found in my scrap basket. I used the lighter green card stock to punch out branches and then used the green piece as a layer so that the dark green would pop through the negative of that punch. One of the branches is on the inside corner of the card to add extra interest.


It was a good afternoon's work with scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment