Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Stencil Play

I worked on a page last week and had paint left over on my pallet. I just can't waste the paint so I stenciled on a blank page in my recycled cookbook journal.

I started with a gessoed background. The green ovals are from a homemade stencil Lori West made for me. The rectangles are from a Delta stencil. This page sat for at least week because I had no clue what to do with it.

I decided I wanted to try out my new Crafter's Workshop stencil so I grabbed some Basic Acrylic Paint. The color is really a bit more pink than the photo shows. I was just playing around. I had no plan at all.  

There is no great meaning. It is plain and simply a page of play.  When I was all finished and it was dry I used a green paint pen and wrote about playing on top of the page.  I like how tiny bits of the writing show here and there.  Have you played in your journal lately?

Link to: Paint Party Friday, Art Journal Everyday, Anything But Cute 


10 comments:

  1. Enjoying what we do and having fun is so important - nice page! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty color combination, Boo. I love the freedom to do just what you did, paint with abandonment, using stencils (and maybe fingers).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every Saturday morning I have a play date with my journal and paints. I think working in a practice journal or altered book rather than a one of our regular art journals makes it easier to let go of the expectations and simply have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty work and I haven't played in my journal since doing icads!! Love the use of colour!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous journal page! I love those colours and you really your stencils to great use here! Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Make It Masculine' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful art journal page! Love your vibrant colours and fabulous stencilling!
    Thank you so much for joining in our 'Make It Masculine' challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very artistic and bold!! Thank you so very much for joining our Make It Masculine challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of layered stenciling going on here, and what a wonderful color combination! I am in admiration of anyone who does journaling, and hope to get to it one day! Thank you for joining our Make It Masculine challenge at Anything But Cute! hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete