Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Confession of a Mixed Media Artist

I confess, as a Mixed Media Artist, I tend to see most things in terms of my art. This is especially true when I go to a restaurant that serves food on Deli Paper.  

The moment the food arrived on this wonderful black and white checked paper, the ideas started to flow. I could not leave that place without asking for a piece of that paper. I have asked so many servers for extra deli papers that it's become second nature to me now.

The black and white check reminded me of a 1950s diner.  I found photos of old dress patterns online. If you google Fashions and a year you'll find all kinds of cool images.  I wonder who scans all these images in so we can all view them and use them in our art?  

The numbers were done in MS Publisher and printed on a laser copier.  Then I did a packing tape transfer.  I run my transfer under warm water because I'm too impatient to wait 5 minutes.  It was a Fast and Easy Page.
Link to:  Paint Party Friday, Art Journal Everyday, Mixed Media Monthly Challenge


5 comments:

  1. What a fun and vintage feeling art journal page. I love the ladies on the patterns and that checked deli paper is FAB!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I just love the vintage vibe!! Great job. Thanks for joining the mixed media monthly challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i REALLY love that this whole page was inspired by your deli paper! what a fun piece. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool project - love the vintage feel and that it started with deli paper! Thanks for celebrating with us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    lynnkopas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete