Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Another Cardboard Canvas

This is the next of my cardboard canvases.  I don't know why but I really like to create on repurposed materials.  This started out as a Cheerios box.  

I gessoed both sides so that the substrate would not curl so much.  I used blue, yellow and green glaze paint that I don't think is made anymore. I bought it when it was on clearance at least 8 years ago. I put down two layers and then stamped with a Michael's brand wood grain stamp using Sepia Archival ink.  I added another coat of paint over the stamping so that the wood grain was just barely visible.

Next I stenciled the triangles using a piece of a BBQ grill that my friend, Theresa gave to me and spackling compound.  I also used a Tim Holtz stencil and spacking compound to stencils some of the lines.  Then I went back with green and cream craft paint and made more lines using Tim's stencil.  

The flowers are a stencil I purchased at Michael's.  I can't remember the brand.  The petals are done with Basic paint and the leaves are craft paint. Accents were done with Montana and Liquitex paint pens.

Link to:  Paint Party Friday

1 comment: