Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I Love People Who Make Me Laugh


The challenge for the Documented Life Project was to use your "Back Paper."  I call this my "clean up" paper. That is the paper that I keep under my project to catch the drips and to clean my brushes on from time to time.

I've use my "clean up" papers a lot in my journals because they have such beautiful colors on them.  All the splats and splatters you see on this page are the clean up paper.

Then I added the huge flower using molding paste mixed with purple paint and a stencil. I was using what was left from another project so the flower has extra texture from little bits of dried paste.  The stem is a left over piece of sticky backed paper that I cut free hand into a stem.  The stencil also had squares I wanted to use.  

I mixed gesso with the left over purple molding paste and got a runny lavender mess. I didn't give up.  I added some light spackling compound to my lavender mess until it was a consistency that I could use with a stencil.  The squares down the right side are the result. I think I have enough of that lavender paste left to do an entire garden.

The orange zig zags are cut from a gelli print with a pair of pinking shears I bought at a yard sale. I bought a box full of old sewing items for a couple of dollars and the scissors were in the bottom of the box!!  The yellow ones are from a left over piece of painted book text.

The tiny flowers, leaves and curlicues are from my newest stencil made by Recollections.  Recollections is Michael's brand I think. They have several sets of new stencils at great prices.  The quote I found online and had in my stash.

1 comment: