Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Art Washes Away from the Soul....



This page was done in my recycled altered recipe book. 

I painted the whole page with gesso and then used purple and hot pink gelatos for the background color.  

I also used some packing material that had holes in it on the left side to give added texture. 

The purple netting along the right side is part of a potato sack that I've had in my stash for ages. I used gel medium to glue the netting because it is thicker and holds heavier things well.





This is my first attempt at using a Digital Stamp. The face is a digi stamp by CD Designs. I really like that I can enlarge and reduce the image to whatever size will fit my current project. It comes as a black and white line drawing so I can change the colors. It was sent to me as a jpeg and I edited it using MS Publisher. I used Pitt Pens and and Sharpies to color the face. I really like the brush tip Pitt Pens.  


I stamped the words on pieces of deli paper and then glued them to the page with matte medium. The stamp on the left was made by The Angel Company and stamped with Blue Archival Ink.  The little butterfly is from a piece of felt ribbon. His antenna are made from a piece of the netting. 

The other words were stamped with Pink Archival Ink. The stamp is made by Hampton Arts. I love that quote. The final touches are circles and lines I made using blue and pink paint. The circles were made with a bottle top and the straight line were made with the edge of a credit card.

Link: CD Designs, Artist Play Room 


5 comments:

  1. I really love the colors you've got here Boo and all the different textures make for this being a very interesting page full of eye candy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pop of yellow and orange... Makes it jump off the page... Digital stamps are an intriguing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that face - she is wonderful!
    Tell me, is deli paper the same as wax paper?
    Went back and took a second look - still love that face!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Boo, Been meaning to drop by and see what you created with the 60's Splash and have to say Wow! Love the page you created for your recycled recipe book. So a fabulous mixture of bright and colorful really does remind one of 60's art.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete