Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer



I am loving my Brush Pitt Pens.  I used them for the shading on this piece. It's very subtle and makes a huge difference.  

The first layer is a page from a ledger. I love the green color and the lines. I put a fine layer of gesso over it and then stamped with a Just For Fun background stamp in a couple of colors. Then I added green and blue over the stamping.  The flowers are cut from a couple of pieces of scrapbook paper and then stamped with a dot stamp, a hero arts word stamp or a The Angel Company weave stamp. I used ink and paint for the stamping to give the flowers more texture.  All the flowers, stems and the sun were cut free hand.  I doodle a bit of grass along the bottom.  

I took a friend's advice and did my lettering on a piece of tissue paper first. I was going to glue it to the page but the letters were too large for the space. Testing them on the tissue paper gave me more confidence to try them on my page. I'm happy the look a little different from my usual lettering.

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and so summery looking! I think the lettering is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy your art. So pretty I love those colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, You are invited to share this with Feline Art Friday:
    http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2014/07/feline-art-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful reminder of Summer and the glorious colors!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it does say Summer. The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and visiting.

      Delete
  6. Just lovely and so full of summer color. Did you use the large brush pens - I have those and I love them and the fact that you can move the color with a little water on a brush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely ode to summer! I love my Pitt pens but only have a brush pen in black.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great letters - what a wonderful idea - love your work sugar!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tip your friend gave you on lettering. What a GREAT idea! I also adore your artwork. It is just beautiful...makes my heart feel happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful. I like how those pens shade.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm loving my Pitt brush markers.

      Delete