I gessoed the background and then stamped the whole page with purple Archival ink and a rose stamp I found in the dollar bin. Next I glued strips of different pieces of paper I had on my art table. The orange color is the middle layer of a paper napkin. I like how there are just hints of orange on the paper. I had a baggie of ribbon scraps so I glued them over the paper layers.
I use to sell ribbon and fiber in 3 foot lengths to card makers. I have a lot of it left. I made the flower out of a fuzzy fibers and double stick tape. The flower was too close to the same color as the background so I painted the inside of the petals with a pink paint marker to make it pop. More fiber was used for the stem.
It was really fun to use some of the multitude of fiber that I own in a unique way.