Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Background Recycle Art

One
This page is a recycle dream.  The substrate is an old 
WordPerfect manual.  I had some yellow paint that I had watered down when cleaning out the bottle that I splashed on the page. All the texture is from clean up cloths or scraps. 

Picture one, the bottom right corner is part of paper towel I used to clean up when I was working on other pages. 

Picture two is a close up of that towel.

Two
Picture three is the watered down yellow paint and a piece or orange tissue paper I picked up off the floor.

Picture Three has a really pretty  nice green with blue dots in it. That is part of a baby wipe. as a really nice green with blue dots in it.  That is part of a baby wipe.

The only non recycled items used were the gesso and the matte medium. I love the colors in this piece. I can't decide whether to leave it as is or to give it a focal point. 

Link: Paint Party Friday, Artist Playroom 
Four
Three




3 comments:

  1. I love your idea! And the outcome looks fantastic. The colors of the recycled backgrounds turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't keep up with you - will write a note another day - not too well at the moment.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete