Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Very First Watercolor - Thank you, Lindsay Weirich!!

I did it.  I painted a watercolor painting!!  Thank you, The Frugal Crafter.  

I recently paid $35 for a watercolor class and ended up learning nothing. I left feeling very 
frustrated with a very ugly painting of pears. I was discouraged after that class and thought I'd never touch watercolors again.

Than I saw a video by The Frugal Crafter.  She made is seem so easy and so possible.  I followed her directions and this painting is the result.  

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this painting.  I am encouraged and will try another one I'm sure.  

This painting was done with Derwent Watercolor pencils on Carson Montval Watercolor 140 lb cold press paper.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lindsay Weirich, The Frugal Crafter

9 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have achieved marvellous results Boo. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Boo! I may go take that class! Hydrangeas seem so hard to paint for me. I tried them one time with some Masa paper glued to watercolor paper after staining the Masa when it was all in a ball...well...it did give some great texture and dark areas to the painting, but with all the little tiny blooms on a hydrangea, I was less than thrilled! Yours is fantastic! I knew you could do it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, Girl!!! What a great start to the fun of watercolors! I must look into that class too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo, I just went and watched the video you suggested. WOW! I love her way of demonstrating the technique. Very clear. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic Boo - I am sure you are thrilled I know I would be!! Congratulations Sugar!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo! Go Boo! I love what you have done, very much. Lindsay is a wonderful teacher and you interpreted her instructions perfectly *hug* Mo :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww thanks so much for the shout out and your painting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely and inspiring Boo! I have always wanted to do this too!

    Congratulations - you've been featured at this week's Inspire Me Monday party at Create With Joy!

    ReplyDelete