Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Channeling Spring

I live in Tennessee and we have had ice on the ground for 5 days.  This is very unusual for where I live especially in March.  I did this page on one of the days I was stuck at home because the roads were icy.  I was trying to channel warm spring air.

This tree was done with joint compound mixed with brown paint and a tree stencil.  I don't know who made this particular stencil.
Someone gave it to me.  I tend to be the collector of things other people are giving away.

If I did it again, I would leave more of the trunk showing and have the sky go further down. One of the great things about an art journal is that I can try new things and I learn how I can improve.... 

The words were cut free style out of an ad I found in Coastal Living magazine.  The bird is a stamp.... not sure what company made. it.  I hope the weather is warming up where you are!!

Art Journal Everyday, Artist Play Room, Paint Party Friday


7 comments:

  1. Lovely page, and I hope you were able to charm spring into visiting you. Here it is mild and sunny and all the trees are flowering, just lovely. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boo,
    I like it the way it's composed but then again you are your own critic and have to like it.The weather for your area does sound strange, hope it gets better for you.We still have tons of snow …enjoying the sunny days.
    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of us dying for Spring to arrive. It's still been very cold here but the temperature is beginning to climb a bit- at least the upper 30's-40 is better than single digits! Must be a mess having all that ice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sure to bring about a thaw Boo; it radiates warmth. I think your tree is fabulous and the bright sky will warm up any day.
    Take care if you have to go out :o) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. smashing page in your journal. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting composition , have a nice Friday

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty...I was just saying on another blog it's funny how many people have mentioned the desire for spring this week!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete