Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Life is Like a Patchwork Quilt

A piece like this has been rummaging around in my head for a while.  It's inspired by several different artists. Tim Holtz and his patchwork pieces, Marjie Kemper's recent post with the lady, Shelly Hickox and her embossing.  

I like to try out new ideas in this altered book.  I think one similar to this might end up on canvas soon.  I already see things I'll do different next time.  I'd also like to make it more 3D with trinkets and things hanging off of it.    

It was made by embossing cereal and cracker boxes and then embossing them with the Big Shot.  The embossing folders were made by Sizzix, Stampin Up, Paper Studio and Cuddle Bug.  I painted the embossed cardboard and some of them I sanded to distress them a bit.  I painted a few of them with Perfect Pearls.  They are not shiny because I decided to put a Golden's Titan Buff wash over the whole page and the dulled the finish on the Perfect Pearls.  

I'm one day behind on posting my art each day for November. This is day 3's project.

Link:  Art Everyday for a Month





1 comment:

  1. I really really like this. Lots of different colours and textures, but they all go together beautifully. Also, I really like the diamond pattern on the silhouette and the phrase you have used is brilliant Boo. :o)) x

    ReplyDelete