Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Part 1 - Mixed Media Fall Piece

My good friend, Linda Lou, wants a Boo original.  She told me she wanted it for over her couch. I've never done a painting that large so she will have to make do with this one which is a maybe 18x24 inches.  

I love mixed media because I can use so many different kinds of mediums and materials.  Thus far I've used a wonderful Crafter's Workshop tree stencil.  I used acrylic paint for the leaves.  I tried spray painting but didn't have great success so I tried a scrub brush.  I love that scrub brush.  It's made great patches of leaves.  Then I used it for some grass and a bit of blue for clouds.

I used a Stabilo All pencil to add a bit of color to the tree trunk.  I hope it doesn't run when I glue my pumpkins and my fence.  We shall see.  Stay tuned for part 2... The fence, pumpkins and corn stalks... all in 3D.  

I appreciate you stopping by and sharing my art journey.  I love it when you leave a comment.  
I read every comment and I reply to the ones that will let me.  What do I mean by that?  Well there is this thing called No Reply Blogger... and if that is your setting then no one can answer your comments.  If you would like to change that, I found this on the web: How to Fix No Reply Blog


Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Boo - you should be quite pleased with this. It would make a great journal page wouldn't it!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Boo that is so fabulous I can't wait for Part 2. The colours you've used are perfect & I like the idea & effects made by a scrub brush ? Que?
    Your friend is going to be delighted with it.
    I have had no luck so far getting a Stabilo All Pencil over here. I only find them on US sites & the postage is horrendous. I've seen them used in so many tutes and the effect is just right. So frustrating.
    I've decided that when I finish my current commitments I'm definitely going to be kinder to myself & not join so many challenges. I'm not on a par with others that take part anyway & just end up feeling poo, haha. But I have learnt so much too. Need to find the right balance. Still having fun tho and that's what counts. Have a good day Boo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great - I am looking forward to see what you end up with!

    ReplyDelete