Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Soul Journaling with Sarah Whitmire

I started my Soul Journal this week.  I heard about it from Jean Parker when she did an Art Journal demo at Plaza Arts in Nashville.  Click the link to learn all about Sarah Whitmire's Soul Journaling.  

These are my Claiming My Journal pages. It was fun to think of all the ways to write my name and some of the variations of what I'm called by my friends.



This was the prompt for starting the armour....
I want you to think about what you need to protect and nourish your creative spirit. Think about the things that sustain you. What’s needed to shield you from outside criticism and your inner critic?  

I enjoyed this prompt because I've done a lot of work on this question. I was excited to put what I'd learned in my art journal.  My shield says: GIVE IT TO GOD, BE POSITIVE, SELF CARING BEHAVIOR. I usually know what nourishes me these days. I didn't for a long time. My art has changed as I learned more about who I am and have accepted myself as I am.  I'm not going to paint portraits or draw an exact likeness of my dog. That is not where my talent lies and that's OK with me.  I hope that I will continue to learn new things and stretch as an artist.  My stretch on these pages is the eyes. I'm not so great at drawing a face but I'm getting better with eyes so for today... I added eyes. Those are my feet in my favorite Mephisto sandals. Anyone who knows me, knows I live in flip flops and sandals.

Link to Book of Days, Artist Play Room





6 comments:

  1. Great stuff Boo. I read a fair bit about the class yesterday after had mentioned it the other day It looks like a lot of fun. I think 'your' eyes are very good :o)) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cute footsies!!! I REALLY love the way just a little bit is visible behind the shield...you have a huge protection all around you, and I LOVE that!!!

    I'm off to read about soul journaling now...Big squish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, so glad you got it. That was my plan... I am totally protected when I can do and remember those things.
    Thanks for stopping by to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beautiful. Glad I stopped by via bloglovin' this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Boo you've been so busy. I've missed so much by the look of your posts so I'm going to put the kettle on and come back to browse ;D
    From the snippet that I've just seen I'm in for a treat.

    Enjoy your day and hopefully it'll be full of creativity
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing this soul Journaling too Boo. I have found that I seem to give it my own twist and I really did enjoy cutting out bits and pieces for my journal pages.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete