Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Taking Chances - More Stretching

I'm finding that I'm trying new things and taking a few changes in my work.  I had this nice flat page with birds on a wire in the top of trees.  I didn't know what to do with it next.  I'm learning to learn from other artists.  I can't believe that I just started adding paint to the top of  the pages.  First yellow and then orange.  It screamed at me to add purple so I did... and I used a credit card as my tool to do it.  

I didn't screw it up.  I liked the way it looked.  Almost an orange/yellow sky kind of look.  The word freedom kept coming to mind as I worked on this piece.  I got out stamps but that wasn't what it needed.  I'm very happy with my bold, hand torn letters.  

I'm reading Danny Gregory's, The Creative License, and the first art lesson is about seeing. To really see what you are looking at.  I'm finding myself doing that more and more often.

What are you working on these days?

4 comments:

  1. That's a great layout Boo. I too love your letters and the fact that you've done them in bold colours as opposed to more muted like the background. I have ordered Danny's book :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This freedom-picture is great! What a wonderful decision to try something you never did before!!!! The outcome is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to see my work.

      Delete