Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Celebrate Sunshine

It has been way to cold in Tennessee this winter.  Today we had a wonderful "normal" Tennessee Winter day.  It was around 60 and sunny.  I love days like this. Jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a light jacket and I'm set for the day.

I had a wonderful, productive, successful day.  After 20 years of doing printed newsletters, today I sent my very first church newsletter electronically.  I sent it as a PDF and I'm just tickled with myself.  
The great weather and my successful day had me nearly dancing as I returned home.  I couldn't wait to express my joy on paper.  This is a different way for me to create.  I don't usually think..."I feel.... so I'll create this or that."  

The background was done with dylusion and Adirondack ink sprays.  The compass is a Tim Holtz mask.  The celebrate is Hero Arts stamp and Stazon ink on a piece of medical paper tape.  The girl is from Stampin' Up and the sun is an unmounted stamp also stamped with Stazon.  I don't know who makes it. The Sun was painted with Twinkling H20s.  The scan doesn't do it justice.  The journaling was done with a Marvy 01 Medallion drawing pen.

I hope you had at least as good a day as I had. 

3 comments:

  1. So nice to hear you've had a fabulous day - may tomorrow be just as good if not better.
    This is a gorgeous page Boo. I love the colours and the sentiment is pure sunshine :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your art! I signed up for Julie Fei-Fan Balzers "30 Days in your Journal" But I only got 3 days done before I had family & health issues interrupt my art flow!. I think next week my schedule will be back to normal and I can start journaling again. Thank you for listing your supplies. I am trying to collect some bit by bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a bright & glorious piece. I can see you celebrating big time.

    ReplyDelete