Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Embracing My Work

Tonight, out of the blue, someone IMed me and said, "I really like your work."  At first I thought she had the wrong person.   My response without really thinking was, "Mine?  Thank You." 

I think it surprised me because I really like her work too.  Our styles are very different.  We don't work in the same medium usually.  I often wish that I could draw like she does.  So, I was surprised that she liked my work.  That makes no sense really.  I like a lot of art that I could not do myself.  Other people are the same; they like things they don't usually do themselves.  

I am learning that what I do is art.  I have joined a few online communities that share a love for the kind of art I love to create.  It has been very encouraging for me.  I am learning to embrace my work and to believe I am an artist.  

Thanks, Gabbs, for the compliment and the boost.


1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! I am exactly the same - beginning to like my own work and still trying to believe that it is art. You draw beautifully - to me, who can't draw. I attempted one sketch a wee while ago, but haven't tried again since. But then I am a bit of a flibbertigibbet - doing one thing then jumping to another, lol. Have a good day :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete