Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On

A SEAL was killed in Afghanistan by terrorists this week.  A policewoman was killed in Memphis, TN by a 15 year old and small children and teachers were killed in CT.
Our world needs prayers and peace. Our world, our country, our state, our city, our family needs prayers and love for one another. 

Parents love your children, Children love your parents, People love your friends and neighbors and our world will be calmer and safer.

If we change our attitude to one of looking at what we HAVE instead of what we don't have...if we have Gratitude for our blessings and family... things will get better.

I have to believe things will get better.

Due to the recent tragedies in our world, I've been feeling a little unsettled. Everyone deals with stress, anxiety and fear in a different way. I've been know to eat my way through a stressful or unhappy situation.
Today, I've been compelled to create. We are the ones left behind. We remember and we continue on... I kept thinking of the WWII quote from England (I think)...we see it everywhere these days...Keep Calm and Carry On.

So today, this was my way of keeping calm and carrying on.... I drew this little pencil sketch remembering my mom, my grandparents, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law.  I went on to include those close to home, our military and Shelby Kae Russell who fought the good fight and died too young.

I included my 4 legged best girl, Ellie, who helped me stay sane through some hard times and loved me unconditionally. There is one left... I wanted to put Rachel there. I never met Rachel but someone I love, loved her very much. She's not really mine, so I feel like I need permission to add her. I will if Mink agrees. This drawing will go in one of my journals. This was my keep calm.
My carry on is this set of paper ornaments. I will abandon them somewhere tonight or tomorrow. I hope they will give whoever finds them a smile. We have a choice. We can loose faith or we can keep tossing bit of light into the world. This is my way of adding light today. It didn't cost anything but my time which I freely give with the idea that they will, for a least one minute, give someone hope and belief in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment