Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Boodles and Seahorses


Marker Madness is a rubber stamped image. I colored and doodled the rays of the sun. I called it marker madness because I went through a lot of old markers and as I tried to color with them, many went straight to the trash.
The Seahorse was cut with a Sizzix die. I ironed purple plastic wrap and cut it from that. Then I mounted it on pink paper. I really like the way the plastic wrap wrinkled and curled.  It gives the seahorse some depth.

The background is a clean up page.  When I use distressed inks on a craft sheet I use a piece of paper to absorb or clean up the left over ink.  This was the result of of several clean ups. 

This ATC was made for a new friend and will be swimming it's way across the ocean very soon.

4 comments:

  1. I love your seahorse :) So cool, and such a lovely colour - you're right about the depth from the plastic wrap. I love using clean up pages - they create their own art sometimes! I've been doing a few things using papers that have been used to absorb or clean up other things lately, so fun!
    Is that a gel pen for the purple writing? It looks nice :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte, The writing is a rubber stamped image that I embossed with purple embossing powder and a Versamark Pad. I could not do without my Versamark ink pad. I use it all the time.

      Thank you so much for commenting. I'd love to see something you are working on these days.

      Delete
  2. I love Son-Moon ATC. Nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you. I really appreciate you making a comment. Your Zen are amazing.

    ReplyDelete