Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Treasure





Many times I have an idea for a page in my head but I can't get it to go to my fingers and the paper. I'm very happy to say that this time my page turned out very much like my head saw it. 

I started by using yellow spray ink I made by adding a little water to PH Martin acrylic ink. I also used more my Ann's homemade Salty Ocean Spray ink she made from a Distressed Reinker.

The ink was thick so I folded the paper onto itself to get extra texture. I love how the yellow and blue made that lovely green.

I use a set of Plaid stencils that I bought at Walmart to give the background even more texture. The small squares are gesso with a stencil and the flowers are several colors of Gelatoes rubbed through the stencil with my finger. I made so many of those that my finger was sore this morning.

The treasure chest is a color book image I found on KidsPlayColor.com   It is colored with Gelatoes.  The coins are pieces of color paper with things I treasure typed on them and then colored with gold Gelatoes and gold Brilliance Ink.  I also use a Just For Fun crackle background stamp and copper Brilliance Ink on the coins and background. 

Please note: The quote on the right by Karen Kain. I cut if off the bottom by mistake. 
 

Link to:  Journal 52, The Documented Life Project, Art Journal Everyday and Paint Party Friday.

1 comment: