Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Hot Air Balloon Swap



If you follow my other blog Art,Journal, Feel  you may have read about the one for one swap where I was a participant. Click the link to see the wonderful balloon I received from my partner, Twinkletoes (Mo) Allan. 

We used a Stampington Tempting Template for our balloon.  I made this balloon I to sent to Mo. it is made from recycled cardboard. I used a Dyan Reaveley stencil and embossing paste to make the diamond design.  I painted the whole thing yellow and then painted the diamonds with paint pens to add the orange and green.  

The basket is also cardboard that I stamped with an old Stampin' Up ticking stamp and archival ink. I added Tim Holtz stickles to give it a bit more texture.  The little characters in the basket are The Angel Company images.

I've done many swaps in the last 15 years and I have to say this was more fun than any of the others.  There are a few reasons for that:  I only had to make one,  I was making it for a friend who I knew would love it, and I got to use several different products.  If you have never been in an art swap, I recommend it. It's lots of fun!!

Link to: Paint Party Friday, Stampington Tempting Templates 

2 comments:

  1. I love my balloon, the textures are awesome and the wee people are really cute. Wee Man said, "Yay! Look at me!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty hot air balloons but I would not go up in one!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete