Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Don't Even Think About Touching Me With That Hand

Journal 52 Prompt... Use a photo in your journal. 

The background was done with thick gesso that I stamped into with a leaf stamp from Inkadinkado. When it dried I painted it with leftover green paint. I colored in part of the leaves with a permanent marker... not my best idea because I ruined the tip on the textured background. 

To get the speckles I used a metallic dish scrubber that I dipped in white gesso and then in a darker green.  You have to stamp it off on scrap paper first so you don't get blobs of paint. 
(I'm sure blob is a technical painting term. :)  This pages feels great to the touch: lots of texture.

The photos are mounted on leftover pieces of paper towels and baby wipes. I printed the words with a laser copy machine so they would be water resistant. 

As you can probably tell I tend to get paint all over my hands when I work in my journal. I've been taking snapshots of my hands for a year. I don't know why... maybe I knew the page was in my future.  Scooter comes up to me all the time when I'm painting.  I guess he's lucky he's not multicolored!  

Link to: Party Party Friday, Journal 52,  Art Journal Everyday, Artist Play Room

1 comment:

  1. Your are the mad artist experimenting away in your laboratory below the stairs. Precious Puppy has the right idea - Don't Touch me with those hands. He love the colors but he isnot sure where you hands have been.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete