Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Took Care of Her



How it was made. 
The background is made from layers of bright orange gauze, blue tissue paper and gesso.  I used a Hero Arts gauze stamp to get the white lines on the tissue.  The words were done in layers of three colors of Montana Markers and outline with a white oil based Sharpie. I didn't think I'd like the oil based markers but I really do. The doodle border was done with a Pitt pen.

The story behind the quote.... if you are interested.
I prescribe to the philosophy that we each have an inner child. A little child inside us who is sometimes playful, sometimes fearful and often very smart. My inner child is very, very feisty. I sometimes describe her as a terrier because when she gets an idea in her head, she won't let it go until I give her my undivided attention. She is also very, very smart and knows what is right for me way before I know most of the time. She is also very loving and wants to champion her friends. Do not be mean to one of her friends or she will be after you like white on rice.

My inner child has been throwing a fit trying to get my attention. You see I've worked very hard the last 7 years to make a new life for us. I gave it all my attention for almost 6 years. I didn't play or touch a paint brush. I stored all my art supplies and when about the business of surviving. 19 months ago I started my first art journal. My inner child did the happy dance and has been pretty content so long as she has painty fingers most day. Well, she was content until just recently.

Now she wants more. She wants to play more. She wants to see our friends more and she wants to create more.  Mostly she wanted to know that she had choices.   Today I took the first step toward giving her more of what she needs  I gave her a compromise because she needs to learn real life is full of compromise. Perspective is very important. How I look at any situation is key.  So I gave her part of what she wanted.  I took care of her.

2 comments:

  1. Love this page - love the colors and the texture even though I have never heard of or have seen a gauze stamp. Keep doing this Boo and writing your thoughts - it helps me a lot and without you knowing it, you are encouraging me to quit listening to my inner voice and play more - I need to learn to take care of me a little better than I do in this blog world. By the way - my inner voice reminds me every day that I am not very good . I really try not to hear the words my brain spits out The only time I seem to silence the voice is when I read a good book. I want to do one of these pages and say - out, out damned voice! Maybe run some blood down the page.
    Thanks Boo - you are a delight to follow!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fabulous texture Boo, and the colour combo is lush. Like Sandy I have never heard of a gauze stamp. Is it one that gives the impression of using gauze, or am I being dim? Lol
    I like what you have written, it is very insightful and inspirational *hugs* Mo :)

    ReplyDelete