Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Perhaps They Are Not Stars in the Sky


Perhaps they are not stars in the sky but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy......

This page is in memory of some very special people who are no longer with me.  Some are people I knew my whole life.  Some were friends and some were people I never met but were very important to people I love today.  

I've got what I call the creeping crud... that respiratory thing that starts in my head and then goes to my chest and while it creeps through my body I feel as if I'll cough a lung up any minute. Whenever I get this I want my mama.  I'm a grown woman but when I'm sick I want my mama.  My mom was the greatest when someone was sick. She would hover around me just enough to make sure I had whatever I needed to feel better. She would bring me Sprite and toast.  She would tuck me in and she would smooth the hair back from my forehead.  None of those things would cure me but they gave so much comfort.  I'll never ever forget how great she was at giving comfort.  

My mom died four years ago this month.  It's hard to believe it's been that long. I still want to pick up the phone and tell her something or ask her a question. This page is for my mom.  

The stars are and Art Impressions stamp and the quote is a River City Rubber Works stamp. 

Link to: Journal 52, Artist Play Room and Art Journal Everyday



3 comments:

  1. what a nice way to memorialize them. nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you a hug... maybe time heals, but the hole stays, doesn't it? i love how you put the names around the border... it makes me wonder about them, their stories and their influence on your heart... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful make Boo and such a beautiful thought. I hope you are so very much better kid!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete