Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Listen to Your Inner Voice

I cut out this underwater scene a few weeks ago. I had no clue what I'd do with it but I was compelled to rip that puppy out of whatever magazine I was looking at (probably Coastal Living).  The page sat there staring at me for over a week.  The colors and the movement of the page called to me.  It brought to mind warm sunshine and sandy beaches.  Over all, the page brought about a happy sigh kind of feeling.

When I saw that Challenge 12 in the Documented Life Project was to cut up a magazine and use it in your journal I knew exactly how I'd use that piece of paper.  I listened to my inner voice that told me to save that picture and now I knew why.

The fish are from a paper napkin I've had for a while. The quote is a Stampendous stamp. I love that quote. Fish wander all the time and I'm sure they are not lost. When I wander through the my head and heart looking at ideas for my art journal pages ... I know exactly where I am. I'm home, I'm happy, I'm safe.

Link: The Documented Life Project, Art Journal Everyday, Artist Play Room

5 comments:

  1. Love this fab collage Boo. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Boo, that is a gorgeous page. Such luscious colours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you know in your heart it is right then it is right!
    Beautiful colors Boo!sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic collage and to feel as you did makes it so special.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one Boo! I recognize those fishes...they are so cool! I like the bright colors of the undersea background. I also really like your post...I feel like that about my creative thoughts too. <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete