Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pile O' Pun'kins


When I finished my fall canvas for my friend, I found I had a several of pumpkins left over. Since I'm giving my fall canvas away I decided I'd do a fall page in my art journal to remind me of my canvas. Next thing I knew I had a big pile of pumpkins stacked up on my page. Some are gelli printed, some are stenciled, some are painted with my fingers. I love them all stacked up like that. Now what to do with the other side of the spread? Those words kept running through my head so they had to go on my page. I wanted my letters to be different so I used a few different "fonts" for my headline. The silly little rhyme came to me after I was finished so I added it. The background was a bit boring so I added a bunch of falling leaves. This page makes me happy every time I look at it. The leaves are punched from gelli prints using three small punches I've had for at least 8 years. I'm really starting to like my handwriting on my pages. Using my handwriting makes it more personal I think. 



7 comments:

  1. Your pages are awesome. Nicely done. thanks
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous spread Boo and your writing is great. I'm not comfortable with my own scrawl, but then I don't practice it much either ;) I love the layers and all the fall colours you've got here. The punched leaves are perfect. Some punches are just worth hanging on to ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive fall pages!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful pumpkins!! And I just LOVE the last composition !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your pile of pumpkins... though they make me think of pumpkin soup and pumpkin scones rather than autumn... we eat the stuff year which I know is a bit odd for you over there, but pumpkin scones are just delicious... my sister is actually famous for hers and has made them for the Prime Minister and Governor General... which is very cool...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic fall spread-great colors and I love the variety of pumpkins in your patch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder these pages make you happy - they make me happy too! What a grand idea Boo. I do love it!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete