Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Gelli Tape Parade

I've joined the Gelli tape parade.  I've seen so many people do this so I just had to try it.  I can tell you all the things wrong with it but instead I will tell you that each one I make will be better than the last.  This technique has endless possibilities.

I think those who doodle well, will be experts at gelli tape.   In a nut shell, you paint the gelli plate a solid color and then let it dry.  Doodle on top of the dry paint and let that dry.  When all is really dry cover the plate with clear packing tape.  I used Scotch/3M tape. Burnish, burnish and then burnish some more.  Pull up the tape and you have this cool art work.

Click the link below to see a youtube video on how this is done.  The only thing I did different is over lap my tape so I'd have a whole sheet instead of strips.

http://gelliarts.blogspot.com/2013/05/gelli-transfer-prints-and-giveaway.html

Link to: Paint Party Friday, July Gelli Party

3 comments:

  1. The Gelli tape parade- I love that! Love the black and white with pops of red! So glad you shard this with the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tapes Boo! They will be awesome in your future works :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I don't see anything wrong with this. I think you did a great job. I really like the colors
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete