Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Comfortable in My Own Skin

Birds and houses are a reoccurring theme in my work.  I collected houses for years.  Now they are in my work.  There is just something about them.  A friend did a set of houses and the M3 group spent two hours planning all that we would do in those artsy little houses.  Maybe that's what it is... I can dream about all the fun we could have in a darling little house.

I just like birds in my art.  I'm not a bird watcher in real life.  I think in art they represent freedom to me.  They can fly. They can go where ever they want.  They are free!   In art they can also be funny or smart ass.

I like these birds on a wire.  They are a sizzix die.  The words are a Riley and Company stamp.  They have so many cool sentiments. The background is done with acrylic paint and found stencils and maybe  bit of stamping here and there.  Thanks for stopping by and visiting.  I'd love to hear from you.  Your comments make my day.

Link to:  APR and
Creative Everyday:  The theme there for June is childhood.  This quote is perfect for my childhood.  I never felt I as was as "normal" as everyone else.  I felt I was different in some way I could not identify.  I was not so comfortable in my skin.  So glad I grew up and did the work so I'm very comfortable in my own skin these day.  And being a bit different.... well it's a good thing now!!

6 comments:

  1. really interesting, Boo! I love how you reveal bits of yourself through sharing your BEautimous art.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picture Boo. I like to imagine who lives in the whimsical houses I come across on t'internet. I like the words you added for the birdie. Very funny :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I look at your cute little houses I wonder what's going on behind all of those doors and windows...yep just call me nosy! ;D
    I love birds and seeing them all lined up reminded me of a family of magpies that were chatting on the wire near our house yesterday. They make such a noise and again I wonder what on earth have they got to say to each other!
    The words are just fantastic...thanks for making me smile today with your great entry :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the birds- the speech bubble is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely delightful with a great sentiment. I do like your style and your use of color.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your art and colors, what a fun stencil! tx for sharing and inspiring us! Aloha, angi in hana

    ReplyDelete