Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Use Your Words....


This is the last project for the Use Your Words Class. I'm kind of sad to see the class end.  I've had a wonderful time learning new techniques and ideas.  Our last project was about texture and layers using gesso.  I did more with the gesso than I did layers.  All three tags were painted with different amounts of gesso in order to get ridges to make texture.

The purple tag was colored with Wild Plum Adirondack spray ink and Picked Raspberry Distress ink.  I put them on a craft sheet and ran the tag through the colors.
The butterflies are both Stampin' Up punches.

The green and blue tag is done with water color crayon. The little lady is a Angel Company stamp.  

The red and yellow tag, also done with water color crayons, is the one I didn't like. Carolyn told us to make three tags because we might not like one and want to toss it.  She told us not to toss it... instead keep working on it.  I'm not happy with the red part of the tag.  I love the yellow/orange half so I didn't want to just remove all the color.  I like the way the red ran down the ridges and made orange.  I walked away from that tag three times before I realized that what it needed was something black to make it pop.  The silhouette of the flowers really helped it.  The words say, If you want to be happy, be.  They are also from the  Angel Company.

Part of the purpose of this lesson was not to give up on the piece you don't like.  I'm glad I didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment