Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Stretching Seems to Agree with Me

This page is another bit of stretching for me.  I was working on a project and mixed a lot of the purple paint.  I didn't want to waste it so I used it with random stencils on this page and I set it aside.

Last week I painted the yellow and green with water color pencils... I think I used the Inktense pencils.  I still didn't know what to do with the page.  It's much busier than what I usually do.  I tried to use it for Mardi Gras but it didn't work.  

Then it hit me... I needed something large and without much color.  I found this silhouette on line and enlarged it to get the outline.  This is traced onto black card stock.  Her hair was white gel pen strands that I didn't like so I spritzed them with water and they smeared nicely.  The words at the top were one of my gazillion stickers.  

This is different from what I usually do and I really like it.  Stretching seems to agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment