Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sticky Fingers Escapes Prison due to lack of Finger Prints

I'm impatient.  I don't want to wait for things to dry.  I want to get on to my next idea.  That thinking got me where I am right now.  Let me just say, that if I'd gotten arrested a half hour ago they would have had a really hard time getting my finger prints!

It's much faster to use spray adhesive to glue pages together in an altered book.  Granted, it took 15 minutes to cover the table on the deck and to find things to hold the paper down that I didn't mind getting sticky.  I thought about using a can of green beans but then later I would have green bean wrapper fingers...no skip the green beans.  If I was still married I could have used a can of sauerkraut... I hate sauerkraut so I'd never have to touch that can again.

I'm finally prepared.  I have wax paper protecting my completed pages so they are safe.  I spray and lay down the next page.  After I did several I realized it would be easier to have all my to be sprayed pages up so I didn't have to get my fingers so sticky.  Hind sight is 20/20.  

I did get 4 sets of pages glued.  I also had 8 black, sticky fingers from glue and news paper ink.  My dilemma was how to get all this glue off my fingers.  I don't have any paint remover, fiingernail polish remover or Goo Gone.  I knew I should have bought that Goo Gone at Harbor Freight yesterday.  

I tried three kinds of soap.  Nada.  Then I remember my friend, Dot, telling me to use Olive Oil.  It worked the best.  It wasn't 100% but it was good enough and my hands are a little softer too!  When my hands were pretty much clean and dry, I dipped my finger tips in baby powder.  That absorbed the last of the glue so I could type this interesting tale of sticky fingers.

Now I'm off to see if I can remember what the heck I was going to put on those pages.  What you creating today???


No comments:

Post a Comment