Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Really "Seeing" instead of just Looking

I've been playing with watercolors.  This is a Stampin Up image.  I stamped on a sample piece of watercolor paper and used a water brush and a set of Winsor Newton watercolors.  

I could tell you everything wrong with the way I painted these but I won't. I'm just beginning my watercolor journey and I know that if I sent one of these as a card the recipient would see a pretty scene with a boat.  

I've been told that learning to paint is all about practice, practice, practice. I will continue to practice. 

I find water coloring stamped images very relaxing. No stress of trying to draw something. I'm realizing I have to really think about where the sky peeks through the trees and where a shadow might be. I am hoping this new way of "seeing" is a learned skill because it's not instinctive to me yet. 

A friend suggested I look at one part at a time instead of the whole picture. I'll give that a try next time.  What is your most relaxing form of creating?

Link to: Paint party Friday

2 comments:

  1. I think you're doing a smashing job Boo. I haven't used my watercolours much recently and seeing this makes me miss them, but I am currently enjoying learning to do different doodles and playing with the Index cards for the ICAD challenge with Wee Man (although that's not always relaxing, lol). I'm looking forward to seeing more of your watercolour work and going along your journey with you :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully serene watercolour! Very nice work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete